Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Driving back from work today I passed a guy in an ancient Peugeot coasting slowly to a stop for no reason other than the engine had quit. Why would you drive one of those things? France is not the home of reliable automotive engineering. That's like drinking wine made in Detroit. Someone probably makes wine in Detroit, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to drink it. Peugeots remind me of one of the insults those French guys yelled from the castle in Monty Python and the Holy Grail: a "cheesy lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters."

I am enjoying Skyping my boys back in Ohio. Those videophones we've been reading about since 1962 are finally here. But how many Skypes does it take before an 8-year-old gets tired of mugging for the camera? Evidently more than three.

Coming off a streak of excellent weather that I haven't seen since last autumn. But it's supposed to be raining this time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment